I need to take better care of myself…
Took a trip to Sprouts for some healthy food shopping and to check out the tea and wine selection. I hit the tea isle first and there it was Numi Tumeric Tea, my eyes locked in on the bright yellow box. I got super excited about finding this stuff because I’ve read lots of great health benefits about tumeric and drinking it as a tea.
This is what really stood out to me:
- Its anti inflammatory and has a bunch of antioxidants which means it boost your natural defense against disease joint pain and aging.
- It aids in digestion meaning it helps you eliminate waste regularly which is super important because some illnesses start in the gut.
- It assist the body in detoxing and could possibly protect you from Cancer.
- Helps to digest fat and sugar so it’s used as energy and not stored in your body.
- And help with mouth and gum health.
8-10 min brewing time produced a really lovely golden color and it smelled just like licorice. The taste was delicate nowhere near what I expected, Tumeric is a very pungent spice used in most Indian dishes and has been used for thousands of years for its medicinal benefits. Overall this was a really yummy tea for starters, next time I will try it with fresh tumeric root.
Cheers to good health.